In order to avoid any misunderstanding , and to protect customers as well as ourselves , please read these Terms and Conditions before making a booking.
Making a booking will confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Bookings will only be fully confirmed when payment is received.
2. Requests to change confirmed course dates will be considered . However , if we are unable to fill the vacancy no monies will be refunded . We are happy to accept a change in client up to the starting time of the course.
3. All clients must be aged 18 or over unless accompanied by an adult also taking the course.
4. In the unlikely event we have to cancel a course , and cannot agree an alternative date , we will refund all monies paid in full , and you shall have no further claim on us.
5. Safety is what our courses are about . However , there is a certain amount of inherent risk on any canal or river , and we ask all clients accept their share of responsibility of maintaining their own , and others safety.
6. We cannot accept any liability for loss of or damage to personal property.
7. We reserve the right to vary the delivery of courses while adhering to the curriculum.
8. Our boats are not equipped for people with disabilities , who would require special access facilities or modification of the steering and control mechanisms . We would be pleased to assist any one in locating a suitable craft operated by someone else , if they so wished.
9. Certain elements of the courses can be physically demanding , such as operating locks and paddle gear . . Thus all clients must complete the Health Declaration form . If they are in any doubt we suggest they consult their Doctor.
10. We reserve the right to restrict or vary the locations of cruising if unusual or hazardous conditions prevail .We adhere to the advice of the Canal And Rivers Trust staff at all times No refunds will be made for any such variations .
11. Clients undertaking the RYA courses must complete , and sign , a separate sheet to enable the on line registration of their Licences . Tillerfolk will not share these details with anyone other than the RYA , for any purpose .
12. We do supply lifejackets , but only a limited amount of spare clothing . .Please read our Suggested Items To Bring List